Any professional in the helping services who wants to work with children, must consider the child as a total system: the family, social, cultural and developmental factors influencing the child.
In addition, we must pay attention to the small or subtle details that the adults may not notice or may not understand about the child’s symptoms that are clearly obvious to a professional. For example, the manner we communicate with a child is to notice the pace, rhythm and assimilation of the content, as well as the meaning attribution to the play experiments during the session. This is a way of developing trust and safety during the session by clarifying anything that is happening between the child and the adult therapist.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Discover how deep traumatic experiences in childhood affect the adult client.
- Uncover the truth why most traditional work with child trauma do not work.
- Learn how you can enable children to achieve positive feelings about their contacts with parents and society at large.
- Practice art therapy methods and tools to encourage creativity in self and children.
- How to be aware of the several ways you may be able to work with emotional wounds.
- The way to work with children in a therapy session could be a little different than working with adults. Professional therapists need to adjust their therapeutic tools to the level of children.
What You Will Learn:
The basic principles and practices will be covered through experiential exercises, discussion and some personal exploration.
This will include:
• The paradoxical theory of change
• The magic of role playing with children
• Being open to the unexpected – magic happens
• Experiencing the Now: savouring and chewing
• The importance of being specific and concrete
• The creative void and change in the Here and Now
Also, we will explore an introduction to Gestalt work with children:
- Use of drawing and colours
- Family sculpturing and more
- Puppets as a magical transition object
- Sand Play Therapy
Day/s: February 23rd, 2019
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Members of the Gestalt Art Therapy Club: $178.50
Non- Members: $210.00
More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Ask us for Bank details, please
Credit card payments have 4% of commission is applied, see the link.
See Cancellation Policy in the registration form, please.
Full membership 2019: $30
Download the Registration form here