GESTALT ART THERAPY IS A NEW METHOD TO PRACTICE PSYCHOTHERAPY
The original Art Therapy came from occupational work with patients in Psychiatric Hospitals. Today it is a form of working with all manner of creative aspects and with anyone requiring therapy. This workshop is an introduction to a variety of art tools like drawings, mask making, sculpture, narrative and more.
DAY ONE SESSION: The methods of Gestalt Art
• Introduction to art therapy
• What is Gestalt Art?
• Use of various materials; how and when to use them.
• Encouraging the creative process The SICAIDIR method.
• Experiments with Gestalt Art Therapy
DAY TWO SESSION: The practice of Gestalt Art
• The use of various materials in the practice of Gestalt Art Therapy.
• Emotional self-expression in Gestalt art therapy.
• How to work with various types of clients.
• Various stages in application of Gestalt Art Therapy in a session
DATE: JUNE 23 & 24
TIME: Saturday 9:30 am to 5:00 pm Sunday: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
PLACE: Gestalt Art Therapy Centre Ashgrove- Brisbane
A PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR AASW -this workshop 28 POINTS
Until June 21: $180 financial end of year discount.
Download the Registration Form here