GROUP SKILLS TRAINING
February 27 & 28, 2016
The workshop is for those working or training as social and community service providers, counselling or anyone wanting to explore, develop confidence, and further group facilitation skills. The participants will be able to understand their unique style and gifts and to use them to their best advantage in the group environment. The workshop is designed to offer an in depth understanding of the dynamics of group energy and gives a clear methodology to the theoretical basis of group work.
This workshop is an approved PD for professionals
Each participant will receive a free book : "Group Work Skills" by Yaro Starak
INTRODUCTION TO GROUP WORK.
The theoretical principles and practices will be covered through experiential exercises, discussion and some personal exploration in group settings:
- How to begin group work.
- The paradoxical theory of change.
- What sort of groups can get us into trouble and what to do to change and re-frame our difficulties into opportunities.
- The magic of role playing.
In addition we will explore THE UNKNOWN ASPETCS IN GROUPS. That is looking at the major aspects of the unconscious process of group work. Much of what goes on in groups happens ¨below the neck¨. Much of it is in the dance between our unconscious selves. This dance is what helps to make groups so exciting, scary and full of potential for transformation.
THE PRACTICE OF GROUP LEADERSHIP.
The more we understand our own inner 'selves' and their interplay, the better facilitators we will be. Come prepared to know (and accept) yourself better!
- How to facilitate groups in any setting.
- Getting to know and working on the fears and other self-limiting messages that hold us back as group facilitators
- Learning by facilitating a small group and receive feedback.
- Group reality development, including the 'dreaded' unconscious group collusion and the role of 'ghosts'.
- Meeting and working with people's different 'selves' in a group.
- Understanding the unconscious roles people can play, and get stuck in set ways.
Yaro Starak has extensive experience for over thirty years in group facilitation in Australia and in many countries around the world. Yaro has a warm, affirming manner and endeavors to help participants understand their unique style and gifts and to use them to their best advantage in the group situations. His perspectives in Gestalt Therapy ensure a deep understanding of the dynamics of group energy. His background in lecturing gives a clear methodology to the theoretical basis of group work. He is also the author of a new book on group work and art therapy.
Saturday: 9:30am - 5:00pm & Sunday: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Payment by Credit Card- paypal has a 4% commission of the total cost
• Ask us for the Bank details: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Payment by Credit Card- paypal has a 4% commission of the total cost.
Download the Registration form here: