Any professional in the helping services who wants to work with children, must take into account the child as a total system: the family, social, cultural and developmental factors influencing the child.
In addition, we must pay attention to the small or subtle details that the adults may not notice or may not understand about the child’s symptoms that are clearly obvious to a professional. For example, the manner we communicate with a child is to notice the pace, rhythm and assimilation of the content, as well as the meaning attribution to the play experiments during the session. This is a way of developing trust and safety during the session by clarifying anything that is happening between the child and the adult therapist.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN IN THERAPY SESSIONS. A GESTALT APPROACH
November 26 & 27
Explore how to use Sand Play, Drama, Music, etc in a therapeutic context.
In this weekend you will learn:
- Discover how deep traumatic experiences in childhood affect the adult client.
- Uncover the truth why most traditional work with child trauma do not work.
- How can you enable children to achieve positive feelings about their contacts with parents and society at large.
- Practice art therapy methods and tools to encourage creativity in self and children.
- How to be more aware of the several ways you may be able to work with emotional wounds.
November 26 &27
Saturday: 9:30 am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:30 am – 4:00pm
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Early bird payment, before November 10th: $250
Payment after November 10th: $270
Credit card payments have 4% of commission applied in the link.
See Cancellation Policy in the registration form, please.