In addition, we must pay attention to the small or subtle details that the adults may not notice or may not understand about the child’s symptoms that are clearly obvious to a professional. For example, the manner we communicate with a child is to notice the pace, rhythm and assimilation of the content, as well as the meaning attribution to the play experiments during the session. This is a way of developing trust and safety during the session by clarifying anything that is happening between the child and the adult therapist.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN IN THERAPY SESSIONS. A GESTALT APPROACH
In this weekend you will learn:
- Discover how deep traumatic experiences in childhood affect the adult client.
- Uncover the truth why most traditional work with child trauma do not work.
- How can you enable children to achieve positive feelings about their contacts with parents and society at large.
- Practice art therapy methods and tools to encourage creativity in self and children.
- How to be more aware of the several ways you may be able to with emotional wounds.
October 8 & 9
Saturday: 9:30 am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:30 am – 4:00pm
Gestalt Art Therapy centre
Early bird payment, before September 30th: $250
Payment after September 30th: $270
Credit card payments have 4% of commission applied in the link.
See Cancellation Policy in the registration form, please.