The way to work with children in a therapy session could be a little different than working with adults. Professional therapists need to adjust their therapeutic tools to the level of children and create an environment appropriate for kids.
INTRODUCTION TO WORKING WITH CHILDREN IN THERAPY SESSIONS - A GESTALT APPROACH
What You Will Learn:
The basic principles and practices will be covered through experiential exercises, discussion and some personal exploration.
This will include:
• The paradoxical theory of change
• The magic of role playing with children
• Being open to the unexpected – magic happens
• Experiencing the Now: savoring and chewing
• The importance of being specific and concrete
• The creative void and change in the Here and Now
Also, we will explore an introduction to Gestalt work with children:
• Use of drawing and colors
• Sand play with children
• Music therapy
• Family sculpturing
June 3 & 4, 2017
Saturday: 9:30 am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:30 am – 4:00pm
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Early bird payment, before May 28th: $250
Payment after May 28th: $270
Credit card payments have 4% of commission applied in the link.
See Cancellation Policy in the registration form, please.
Download the Registration form here