Sand Play therapy is a form of counselling or psychotherapy that uses symbolic play to communicate with and help people, especially children, to prevent or resolve psychosocial challenges. This helps them to move towards better social integration, growth and development, emotional modulation, and trauma resolution.
Sand Play therapy can also be used as a tool of diagnosis. A sand play therapist observes a client playing with toys (play-houses, pets, dolls, etc.) to determine the cause of the disturbed behaviour. Because trauma is often debilitating, directed sand play therapy works to create change in the present, without the lengthy healing process often required in traditional sand play therapy. According to the psychodynamic view, people (especially children) will engage in play behaviour to work through their interior issues and anxieties. According to this viewpoint, play therapy can be used as a self-help mechanism for adults as well.
What you will learn:
- Learn how to understand the meaning of symbols as therapy tools
- Use creative methods to enhance your therapy practice with Sand Play tools.
- Learn how to facilitate and promote positive results with symbolic imagery
- Uncover the reasons why your clients may resist verbal counselling.
- Improve your skills working with traumas and early child painful history.
- Discover ways to clear negative memories and blocks to your own growth
- Find the way of facilitating sand play figures and understand their unconscious meanings.
- Enable clients (Adults, Children, Couples, Families) to discover their self-supports and deal with their life crises.
Day/s: May 4th, 2019
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Members of the Gestalt Art Therapy Club: $178.50
Non- Members: $210.00
More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask us for Bank details, please
Credit card payments have 4% of commission is applied, see the link.
See Cancellation Policy in the registration form, please.
Full membership 2019: $30
Download the Registration form here